Saturday, January 04, 2014

Nintendo eShop Issue For Unlisted Countries - Credit Card Being Charged After Transaction Error

Beware: Nintendo eShop Is Charging Your Credit/Debit Card Without You Knowing

Who should pay attention to this notice? Anyone who owns a Nintendo DS/3DS system with Nintendo eShop application installed and living in the Philippines or to any unlisted countries or regions.

Note: Unlisted countries or regions are listings that can't be found or selected with the regional setting of your DS/3DS system.

So before i found what's this issue about, I was wondering why my PayPal is not crediting my debit card. I checked my card with an ATM today and to my surprise, my remaining balance is now only 5 pesos (i bill it recently with 2,000 pesos). I went home, opened my laptop, and checked my debit account online. Then, I found the culprit. It was the Nintendo eShop!

Back December 2013, the time i'm anticipating the release of PokeBank, I thought of updating my Nintendo eShop with funds because the said PokeBank app needs annual fee. As i am adding funds, It's giving me transaction errors although i rigorously input my confidential debit card information. It's not letting me add funds after multiple tries. And since that day, eShop is having a problem as announced by Nintendo, I let it go and would patiently wait for the full secure release of PokeBank app then add funds latterly when eShop is all good.

And so this is what making me upset, you can read my report to Nintendo for the story (read below):



I just found out that you charged my EON UnionBank debit card back December 27, 2013. See screenshot of the log here:



I am surprised about what i've found because as far as i can remember - I tried to add funds in my Nintendo eShop using my UnionBank Debit card back December 27, 2013 and it tells me "Credit Card Transaction Error". I tried it multiple times and it didn't work so i stopped (not knowing, you really did charged me).
Later on, after that day, I used my debit card for other online transactions and to my surprise, my PayPal account was not able to charge my debit card... And today, I tried to check my debit card through ATM and i saw 5 peso balance. I became worried, felt I was hacked. Checking my debit card history log online, I found out just why (check my first screenshot link in the first paragraph).
Reviewing my eShop activity today, I found no log about successful transaction with eShop. Here, I took some screenshots:
   

I feel really upset about this. It's been a decade since i bought my first Nintendo gadget and with this new 3DS XL, I am really disappointed with your system.
Hope you resolve this soon. You could either apply the first transaction ($20) to my eShop and refund the second transaction as i only want the $20 funds (PREFERRED). Or if you are really being unfair to other countries like Philippines, please give back all of my debit card credits.
For your reference, here's Nintendo Network ID (if you're going to fulfill my first transaction; refund the second one):
Nintendo Network ID: *******
The last 4-digits of my debit card is: ****
And the name of the credit/debit card company i used is: UnionBank
Type of Card: Debit - EON UnionBank
Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks.



Actually, I researched about this issue and i am not alone. I found these related issues on Nintendo support forum:
Reading their case, I don't see a picture if their case was resolved or still waiting to be resolved. I'm logging this issue for everybody's reference and help you, of course.

If you're experiencing the same issue and don't want to call their customer support phone, you may send your case to:

   http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

Thanks!


Part 2 of this post is now live here -> http://poketto-monsuta.blogspot.com/2014/01/nintendo-3ds-distribution-in-the-philippines-not-official.html

No comments :

Post a Comment