Sunday, January 12, 2014

About Distribution Status of Nintendo 3DS System in the Philippines

This is my part 2 update about my encountered issue with Nintendo eShop (part 1).

I have sent my case through the available webform on their site and received their response back January 05, 2014. I just want to share what i discovered (read their statement below - click picture below to zoom-in):

Statement of Nintendo America About Distribution Status of 3DS System in the Philippines
This means Nintendo 3DS system are not officially distributed here in the Philippines and this is why it's not/you can't find the country listed to the regional setting of the said system.

Moreover, with their "warranty" statement, I felt a little embarrassed and victimized. Why the hell SM Appliances sells this if i can't fully used all the feature of the device! I just became aware of this. But no, I have no regrets. I want to play Pokemon and i'm loving it with my 3DS XL.

And so, I responded back - reporting the store who unofficially selling the system but it's actually legal when you think of it thoroughly because the device can be bought online with freedom by anyone. And there are terms that i didn't researched before buying this device. I'm not hoping they would take legal action against the store where i bought my 3DS XL. I just reported the store just to calm my remorse. (see their response below)

Nintendo America Response About Retailers Selling 3DS in the Philippines
Anyway, why i'm eager about adding funds to my eShop is because of Pokebank requiring $4.99 annual service charge (see info here). My last resort would be adding funds with Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card that can be bought locally at Datablitz (see product here).

Important lesson that you can learn with this post are:

  • don't attempt to use your local credit/debit card on eshop. Nintendo eshop will charge your card without confirmation. Fortunately, I used my debit card with limited balance so it didn't eat much of my wealth ;)
  • contact your bank immediately about the issue. Report the case to them and they will help you file a dispute. Good thing, UnionBank EON, my bank is accommodating and is already helping me out. Note: in my bank, they will treat the transaction as valid if it past 120 days so it's important that you check your account occasionally to see if there's a questionable transactions
  • lastly, read the terms of service about the console you're buying
Hope this helps Pokemon Trainers in the Philippines having the same issue :)

Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment